Hi everyone, Suzna here....today i am going to show you a fantastic altered frame,
Make your Old tins something special! I've altered no of recycled art, and have learned a few tricks I thought I would share. Here's what i am making today:)
These are the materials i used: 7" inch diameter Cookies tin, Dusty attic Ornate frame(big), 6x6 Prima paper pad, Prima resin emblishments, Mediums, stamps, stencils, blossoms, Prima art stones etc...... i must say i LOVE this way of art, mostly the Mediums!!!!!!! i am obsessed with them! And everything else of course :)
I altered this tin box's topper as a frame, a round frame.... and I have a basic tutorial pics here.
1. designing .....
2. Finally i cut the 1/3rd part of Dusty attic ornate frame
3. Covering back side with flexible card boards, here i add 3 cardboard.
4. Use masking tape for finishing look
5. My next step was to cover all the shiny and printed area with a coat of black Gesso, but its n't required, just cover the corner place only. I decided to try a little experimenting with my mediums. And i used tissue with modeling paste on the joint part of my tin, because i don't want to see the separation of chipboard and tin.
6. Using sand paste, it will show nice texture look
7. Adding Prima art stones with white Gesso
8. Cut the paper in circle shape: 6"inch diameter
9. Use Gel medium to fix these resin emblishments.
10. Now, the tin is fully covered, decorate and embellish. Find some good images to use. I used these images from Prima Butterfly paper collections, and Dusty attic chippies Fence border, mini words 4. Then painted with Prima mica powders and Prima acrylic metalic paints
Sometimes I like using crystal stones, metal charm and ribbons for decoration....; the decorating possibilities are endless. Don't ever throw those tins away. Make something!
Hope to see you play along with us soon!
Hugs and happy crafting,
Entering to following challengers